Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sword Poem

Konnichiwa!

I got kind of inspired and wrote a poem in honor of my favorite sword. Enjoy.

Ode to A Blade

By Midori Kawakami (copyright 2011, Midori Kawakami)

What is there to be said about someone who would fight with you
Die for you.
What can one say?
You’re my perfect partner in this dance of death
Wearing armor of blue
I reach for you in unfettered trust
You take my hand.
Back to back in the bamboo grove
The leaves the color of fall
Together we await our destiny
As other partners gather for the dance
Some comrades, some enemies
Only the strongest will remain standing.
I place my faith in you
You wordlessly place your trust in me
And we dance to the sacrificial dirge
The song of the battlefield
Until only our comrades remain on the field with us
And the stream flows crimson.
We take our leave
I silently thank you for fighting with me as I cleanse the blood from you
For being willing to die for me.
And again I wonder
For one whom fights with you without question
Who is willing to die for you
What can one say?

2 comments: